What is a Jam?
A place to share ideas…
People around the globe will come together in their local destinations to create new services inspired by a shared theme.
It’s a chance to unite with designers, business people, students, academics, artists, customers, dads, moms, thinkers and doers. Ultimately, it’s a chance to bring your ideas, personality and creativity to help invent a service.
In the spirit of experimentation, innovation, cooperation and friendly competition, teams will have less than 48 hours to develop and prototype completely new services inspired by a shared theme. At the end of the weekend, their collection of brand new services will be published to the world.
The great thing about a jam is there are no boundaries.
Miami Service Jam is an event where you can let your creativity on the loose while creating solutions for vexing problems. Facilitators will introduce participants to customer-centric design tools (Design Thinking), help them form diverse work teams, and coach them in creating a service inspired by the global design theme.
Teams will apply what they learn to rapidly design and test their solutions to problems related to sustainability. At the end of the event teams will upload a video of their solution to the Global Service Jam website to share with the world.
Jams are designed to create innovators. By the end of the event you will be familiar with the fundamentals of customer-centric design, how to dramatically improve customer satisfaction, and how to design new services people really want.
We encourage anyone who wants to learn more about creative approaches to problem solving and sustainability to join us.
- You will learn more about a design-based approach to problems, and the fundamentals of great services.
- You will pick up a load of new ideas and work practices.
- You will meet a lot of cool people at all levels of experience.
- Your work and ideas will be reviewed by your peers, and presented to the world.
- You will design something that may become a real business.
- You might get rich and famous. Probably not…
- But you will certainly have a blast!